Nature can be a wild place. You can never be prepared enough to see the wild side of nature, but you can still plan your adventure with proper protection — like boots!
One moment you are aiming at a rabbit for your feast, and the other moment, a venomous snake sneakily attacks your foot. Therefore, professional hunters always prepare well in advance for the crazy environment out in nature.
During the hunt preparation, boots are one of the most vital pieces of equipment to help you in the wild. Locomotion is a critical part of survival. No one would want to compromise on that. So, what makes hunting boots different from other footwear?
Few features make the hunting boots unique and relevant to the harsh environment of forests and other relevant habitats. Let’s look at some of the essential aspects of hunting boots that make them a perfect fit for a jungle adventure.
Commonly, you will find hunting boots made up of one of the three following materials: rubber, leather, and nylon. Rubber boots are waterproof and scent-free, making them an ideal choice for swampy areas. Leather is durable, malleable, and fits like a glove, making it a good option for rocky terrains. Nylon is an affordable alternative to leather with qualities of waterproofness and durability.
You’ll observe that the insulation of winter hunter boots is mentioned in grams (like 400g). That is the weight of the insulator (Usually ThermoLite). As a quick rule of thumb, the higher the number is, the better insulation it will provide in the freezing weather. However, the higher the number is, the heavier the boots will be. But that is an inconvenience everyone accepts to prevent nasty frostbites.
Feet tend to swell up after standing for a long time. Hence, try to get a pair with a little larger size but don’t get a loose pair as it can hinder your comfort in locomotion.
Apollo Basic Insulated Hunting Boots — Best Hunting Boots For Men
- Neoprene material makes the foot environment breathable and prevents smelly conditions due to sweat
- Sealed rubber sleeve that extends upward for better protection from outside water and moisture
- Breathable mesh lining to keep the foot dryer than other boots
Apollo Basic Women’s Hunting Boots — Best Women’s Hunting Boots
- 100% waterproof rubber protection from heel to toes to prevent dirty water and moisture from getting inside the boots
- EVA midsoles provide extra comfort for a wholesome experience
- Good foot balance to improve locomotion and overall performance
Regular hunting boots are waterproof and keep your feet dry from the snow but lack good insulation. Winter hunter boots have a thicker layer of insulation to prevent the heat from escaping and keep your foot warm even when you walk on snow. However, thick extra insulation material makes the boots heavier. So it is not recommended to wear winter hunter boots in a hot or dry environment.
Apollo Pro 400G Insulated Hunting Boots — Excellent For Cold Winters
- Rubber material makes the boots scent-free and prevents the stinky smell of dirty water and ground from attaching to the boots
- Cushioning effect of the EVA midsole ensures that your adventure is as comforting as possible
- 400g of insulating material along with neoprene, protects from the unforgiving cold temperatures
- Air mesh establishes a breathable environment, so your feet remain dry and fresh
Apollo Pro 800G Insulated Hunting Boots — Perfect For Extreme Cold Conditions
- Rubber soles and outer covering provide a waterproof barrier to prevent moisture from getting inside the boots
- Neoprene and Air Mesh lining improve the ventilation to keep your feet dry and comfy
- 800g of insulating material to keep the harsh winter and snow outside and maintain a warm temperature inside
Hiking boots and hunting boots were made with different environments and intents. Hiking boots are lightweight with better grip, making them ideal for uphill or downhill tracking. On the other hand, hunting boots are heavier and sturdier to prevent the dangerous environment from disturbing the feet.
In short, we do not recommend using hiking boots for your hunting trip or vice versa.